All About Seniors’ success lies in the quality of the people we employ and our ability to create meaningful matches between our staff and our clients. We specialize in developing relationships that improve the quality of life for everyone – clients, their families, and our staff members. It is our intention to provide continuity of care so that we can develop trust and accountability.
To accomplish this, we conduct in-depth interviews to develop detailed client profiles before selecting which of our staff members will provide the most meaningful match. The process includes meetings with the client and his or her guardian(s) to fully understand the following:
- Interests and Disinterest: What kinds of activities does the client enjoy? We endeavour to develop a care plan specific to engage and facilitate participation and enjoyment.
- Medical Status: A complete medical status helps to identify limitations surrounding activities and interactions. Being aware of cognitive status assists us to understand behaviours and abilities. No detail is too small.
- Emotional Status: What does the clients’ family picture look like (past and present) and how does it impact their daily life and emotional state? What can we do to be sensitive to past issues and promote positive growth.
- Budget: Who will be responsible for payment of our services? How often shall we visit and is there a budget for the extras (eg: costs that may arise during outings like coffee or tickets). We are sensitive to all budgets.
- Perspective: How would the senior prefer to think of us? Do they understand that we offer a paid service or would they prefer to think of us a family friend or volunteer? We are happy to do whatever we can to make the transition as comfortable as possible.
All About Seniors makes every effort to provide continuity of care by pairing each client with a compatible companion. We want to be the welcomed friend focused on compassion and sincere interest in those we have the privilege of serving.
However, changes or adjustments can always be made, at any time, if the client wishes it. We’re here to make them as happy as possible.
After each visit, our staff complete a report outlining their experience with the client. We share each report with those we are accountable to. Our goal is to give peace of mind and reassurance to those responsible for the seniors we serve.
Visit reports may include:
- Descriptions of the activities from each visit, such as going for tea, baking a pie, or watching a recital, and insight into how the client enjoy or didn’t enjoy the experience.
- Notes on emotional/physical status and what may be contributing to any changes
- Capture moments of conversation
- Photos of visits whenever possible